Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bass Flies!

I decided to tie a few bass flies tonight because my inventory is getting low. To many hangups in trees, etc. These flies didn't look so good dry, but I knew they would look good being fished, so I decided to take pictures of them wet so you can see the shape they would take in the water.


Here are three Bass Buggers (aka Wooly Buggers) I tied. I tie these with a long Marobu Tail and really webby hackles. This seems to imitate the baitfish the best. I have had the best luck with a black Wooly Bugger this year. I have noticed that small minnows and perch "appear" dark in the waters I have fished lately and this fly imitates them the closest.


Next I will tie some top water poppers, there is nothing better than catching Bass with Top Water flies on a fly rod!

Tight Lines,
Brad

No comments: