Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day Trip to the Blue River


I made a day trip to the Blue River today. I arrived at about 8 a.m. and went straight to fishing with a custom built 2 wt fly rod that I built several years ago. When I got to the water, I landed a rainbow trout on my 5th cast. The day ended up kinda slow...every other hole that I fished I would catch a trout. The main fly was the trusty Bead Head Hare's Ear Nymph. The water at the Blue River is very low right now and I'm sure that had some to do with the slow fishing.  I managed to make it to the Park area around 3pm. While crawling down a steep incline to get to the river, I fell about 10 ft and rolled at least once. When I got to the bottom I slammed my knee on basketball sized rock. I was okay, and lucky. It all happened so fast, but it only highlights the fact that you should ensure a firm grip when navigating inclines.  In the end, it was a nice trip.

No comments: