Friday, April 23, 2010

Late, Late evening fly fishing...

I headed out on a quick trip yesterday evening @ 8 pm with my 5wt and a black wooly bugger. I was really windy but I can cast well with my weight forward line. On my second cast down the shoreline, I missed and nice bass, so I flipped it back in the same spot and landed and nice 14" Largemouth. I don't have pictures because it was to dark...no flash on the cell phone camera. At about 8:20, it was really dark and casting was a challenge, I hooked into a nice bass. It went on two nice runs, and jumped several times. When it jumped, I realized just how big it was. My arm started to get tired fighting. After about 5-10 mins...it tired and I landed it. I measured it with my fly rod and ran home to get an idea how big it was...based on the fight, I figured it was the largest bass for me this spring. When I got home I measured the length of the bass based on my fly rod and I estimate it to have been about 17"-18", or 3.5 lbs.

Sorry no pics!

Tight Lines,
Brad

No comments: